Must-Follow Beauty Advice When in Your 30s, 40s and 50s
Subtitle: Because Our Skin’s Needs Differ as We Age
Our skin changes just like how the numbers in our age do. And because of that, this organ’s needs also deviate as we climb up the “age ladder”. Below is the must-follow beauty advice tailor-made for every age group — starting from the 30s and onward.
Beauty Pieces of Advice You Must Follow When in Your 30s
The skin’s aging process normally starts in the late 20s or early 30s, says one dermatologist. So, the 30s is the ideal point when to start using anti-aging products to counter the said normal course. Additionally, collagen production diminishes and the functionality of the oil and sweat glands lessen leading to less supple and drier skin.
- Clean your face with cleansers containing acidic elements or ingredients. The dermis — the layer below your skin’s surface referred to as the true skin — gets lesser support when you hit your 30s, thus, it becomes less bouncy. Additionally, cellular renewal in the epidermis, the organ’s uppermost part, slows down causing skin discoloration, pigmentation, and even dullness. That’s why cleansers with acidic ingredients such as LE’VEA’s Anti-Aging Radiance Hydra Cleanser come in handy as their acidic ingredients greatly help in stripping off dead skin cells and reveal the more youthful skin beneath.
- Use antioxidant serums. Antioxidants, said one leading dermatologist from New York, acts as the skin’s fire extinguisher soothing the ill effects brought about by the sun’s UV rays (as we can’t really perfect the art of applying and reapplying sunscreen when we’re under the sun). Furthermore, antioxidants such as vitamins C and E greatly help in skin repair. One ideal example of such product is the C+ Antioxidant Wrinkle Reduction Serum from LE’VEA.
Additional Tip: Make sure you include your neck and décolletage when using your beauty products. These areas are the most susceptible ones when it comes to skin aging.
Beauty Pieces of Advice You Must Follow When in Your 40s
“Life begins at 40,” an old adage states. But this is the stage in life when most women experience their perimenopause phase or the point prior to the start of the menopausal stage. The period heralds’ hormonal imbalances that might have great effects on the skin. Furthermore, the largest organ of our bodies loses much of its elasticity at this point in time as collagen and elastic fibers break off, thicken or clump together.
- Ante up your beauty regimen with a rejuvenating night cream. Skin repair happens when we are at rest, hence, it’s best to use a night cream that aids the process. Products like the Biotic Repair Anti-Aging Night Cream from LE’VEA do the trick. Of course, make sure you get a good night’s rest of seven to eight hours for best results.
- Start using eye creams. A leading dermatologist working for an NYC corporation advised those in their 40s to start using eye cream if they still haven’t. It’s because the skin surrounding the eyes are the most delicate, so they show signs of aging earlier compared to the other areas of the face.
Consider using eye creams that are emollient and contain antioxidants as well as vitamin A like LE’VEA’s Biotic Repair Eye Treatment.
Beauty Pieces of Advice You Must Follow When In Your 50s
An extreme drop in hormone production happens when one reaches her 50s due to menopause. And as hormone levels drop, so does the skin’s ability to produce collagen resulting in the skin becoming more brittle.
- Use beauty products with natural ingredients. Be gentle on your skin as it becomes drier and less elastic. Steer clear away from the beauty stuff — including makeups — that use harsh chemicals and veer on to the ones that use more natural ingredients. All LE’VEA products make use of natural components that’s why you’ll never go wrong with them no matter what age you’re in.
- Look for products with components of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic Acid is a popular natural ingredient within the beauty market as it causes the skin to retain moisture making it look suppler and leaving it moisturized. A number of LE’VEA’s creams contain Sodium Hyaluronate, the sodium salt of Hyaluronic Acid.
One important thing to remember is that no matter what age group you’re in, SPF is a MUST requirement.